24 Hour Holter Monitor
A Holter Monitor is a continuous recording of your heart’s activity for a period of 24 hours.
This Holter Monitor is used to help detect possible heart related problems such as:
- Irregular heart beats
- Dizziness and fainting.
This is also used to monitor areas such: Effects of the heart drugs and pacemaker functions.
How Does a Holter Monitor work ?
- 5 cables will connect the skin sensors to a small recorder.
- The recorder is small enough to allow you to continue your daily activities.
- The recorder will continuously record your hearts activities for the next 24 hours and will stop automatically.
- Hook up time is approximately 15 minutes and disconnection time is approximately 5 minutes.
- Shower or bathe just prior to your appointment
- Do not use creams, powders or perfumes.
- Wear a comfortable top that opens in the front.
- For Men be aware that shaving will be required to remove any chest hair where the sensors will be attached.